Sunday, January 9, 2011

...by way of introduction

Audere est facere  Latin for: To dare is to do.



Hello,

  My name is Bryan and I am currently taking a course where we will be studying Shakespeare.  As part of the course I intend to document my learning experience and share those insights with the world through this blog.  I will make regular weekly contributions as I learn and research Shakespeare, his life, and his plays.  As there has been so much research done on the subject, I will be attempting to streamline those sources that appear to offer strong supportive evidence for their claims, rather than simply posting “status updates.”  Because of the proliferation of information on Shakespeare I chose to underscore my blog with that quote from Nietzsche.  As I study I will refine a more specific project that I will fashion as an illustration of my synthesized learning, which will include the academic research and the imitation of his art forms.  Now off to the search for knowledge.